The IUOE Local 478 Training center will be accepting applications for the 2020 heavy equipment operator and heavy equipment mechanic apprenticeship on the following dates:
- June 2, 2020 from 7:00am-Noon
- June 3, 2020 from Noon-5:00pm
- October 6, 2020 from 7:00am-Noon
- October 7, 2020 from Noon-5:00pm
- Be 18 years of age or older at the start of the program
- Have a valid driver's license
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to pass a drug screen test
The IUOE Local 478 Training Fund adheres to the Equal Employment Opportunity Principles. Veterans are encouraged to apply. For additional information visit our website at www.local478.org or call 1-800-841-0478
Training and Licensing
Local 478's Apprenticeship Training and Skill Improvement programs represent the union's commitment to lifelong learning and superior training in the operation and repair of heavy construction equipment.
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce that supports the economic growth and stability of our employers, the union and our communities. Our training classes are available only to members of Local 478, and are free of charge to those who are eligible. They represent the educational benefits that can be obtained by working people through solidarity and collective bargaining.