Login to Portal

Forgot your password? Click here.

Don’t have an account? Click here.



The number of weeks of SUB Fund benefits that you are eligible to receive during a SUB Fund Benefit Year (First full week of November  - Last full week of April) depends on the amount of the contributions your Contributing Employer(s) made on your behalf during the SUB Fund Plan Year (October 1-September 30) that immediately preceded it. In addition to having the requisite number of hours, you must be registered with our referral hall, and willing and physically able to accept an offer of employment with one of our contractors.

Assuming you meet all of the eligibility requirements for SUB Fund benefits, you'll be eligible to receive SUB Fund benefits on a weekly basis during your involuntary unemployment within the applicable Benefit Year.

Below is a summary of the Plan's eligibility rules:
  • You must be available for work and considered eligible by the State Unemployment Commission. You cannot receive SUB if you were fired or quit your job or on disability.
  • You must verify your current non-working status.
  • Your Contributing Employer(s) must have contributed at least 300 hours on your behalf in the prior SUB Fund Plan Year.
  • You must provide acceptable evidence of your unemployment status, such as a copy of your 'claim inquiry' or a 'payment history' from the state Department of Labor Unemployment Office, to the SUB Fund Office. You must provide proof of your continuing unemployment with each SUB claim
  • You must be considered available for work with the Union Referral Office.
  • You must not be receiving a workers' compensation benefit unless you've been released for light-duty work.
  • In general, you may not be receiving other income from a medical disability benefit, a Social Security disability benefit or any type of retirement benefit.

Am I eligible for SUB?

Your Contributing Employer(s) must have paid at least 300 hours of contributions on your behalf for work in Covered Employment in the Plan Year prior to the Plan Year in which you apply for SUB Fund benefits.

As an active Retiree, may I collect SUB benefits?


Can I collect SUB while on a Workman's Compensation claim or called to Active Military Duty?

In order to collect SUB, you must be available for work. If you are released for light duty work and are receiving a state unemployment check, you may be eligible for benefits. An otherwise eligible participant who did not collect SUB benefits during a benefit year solely because he or she was receiving workers compensation benefits, performing military service or performing work as a temporary organizer, may carry over the SUB benefit weeks which were lost to the Benefit Year immediately following the benefit year in which the participant was on worker's compensation benefits or in the military. You should always call the SUB Fund with any carryover question. 

When does SUB begin & End?

The Benefit Year starts with the first full week in November that includes a Monday and ends with the last week in April that includes a Friday. 

You must provide the Fund Office with the appropriate proof of your involuntary unemployment on a continuing basis. We wish to encourage members to take offers of one-day jobs with our signatory employers. Therefore, the SUB Fund will consider a member who works one day in a given week as qualifying for SUB for that week, provided he can provide a claim inquiry or payment history for that week. A copy of the member's pay stub may be required if their weekly amount is very low. In that case the one-day job could cancel out the unemployment check;

The maximum number of weeks of SUB Fund benefits that you can potentially receive in a SUB Fund Benefit Year is based on the number of hours of contributions the SUB Fund received on your behalf from all of your Contributing Employer(s) in the Plan Year immediately preceding the Benefit Year, as shown in the chart below:

Hours of Contributions Received on Your Behalf in the Prior Plan Year
Maximum Weeks of SUB Fund Benefits Payable in the Benefit Year
700 or more
If you are ever in doubt about your eligibility, simply file your claim.