Why Sign Up Your Company?
Signatory employers have access to:
- Our state of the art training facility in Meriden CT. Here your employees will have access to licensing programs for Crane, CDL, and Hoisting license. They can obtain certifications such as Hazmatt, disaster site worker, OSHA 10, OSHA 30, forklift, rigging, signalman, and first aid to name a few. There are many Journeyman skill improvement classes from basic computer training in our computer lab to trench safety with deep cut work and everything in between
- Access to our State certified Heavy equipment Operator and Mechanic Apprentice programs
- Qualified local operating engineers ready for dispatch at a moment’s notice. Just call and request a skill set and whatever licenses or certifications are required. You are the soul judge of competency. If you don’t think the operator is qualified or would just like to try someone different call and we will send you another candidate for the position. You have the Flexibility mobility of your work force. Bring operators around the state from job to job or lay them off when the project is complete. When work trends up you have recall rights for employees you have employed in the past or you can just ask for someone new.
- No recruitment costs advertising or interviewing
- Spend less on admin overhead. Local 478 funds for medical, dental, and retirement are administered by 478.
- We work together as Political allies to help developers builders to make projects happen.
- Easy access to PLA projects around the state